In The News
SUBROSA© and your Business
- Authentication factor and cryptographic key generation tool – more secure than PINS or user-generated passwords
- Users choose a selection of photos/ images, then choose a customized tile pattern that is personal to them
- The chosen tile pattern is converted into a 65,000+ character long, randomized, encrypted key as their password
- SUBROSA© exceeds “Password Best Practices” in being: very long, random, encrypted, difficult to socially engineer
Use Case - SUBROSA© SDK/API
SUBROSA©, available at SCIFCOM, is an authentication gateway that can be seamlessly integrated into distributed applications for enhanced network security. As a single factor in a multifactor authentication process, or as a standalone password replacement. SUBROSA© mitigates the risks associated with social engineering attacks, such as credential stuffing, dictionary attacks, or phishing.
Hackers are using more advanced techniques to find a backdoor into your organization’s data and text-based passwords are one of the weakest points in network security. While common best practices include the cycling of complex passwords every 30-90 days and preventing re-use of old passwords, this has created a new problem. Users start to use permutations of their previous passwords, simple passwords that are memorable, or even keep a list of their passwords that, if exposed, could put organizational security at significant risk. SUBROSA© addresses these risks by introducing a simple and secure visual password. Users have the option to create their passwords using SUBROSA©’s default imagery or load their own photos which are then presented in a 4x4, 6x6, or 8x8 grid. Once the images have been selected the password is the result of a sequence of grid tiles that a user selects from within any combination of photo imagery.
While the interface is simple, the underlying architecture powering the visual security algorithm is highly sophisticated. SUBROSA© passwords created by selecting only four tiles from memorable images creates a password that’s equivalent to a text password of more than 65,000 characters in length. The strength of SUBROSA©’s password is the result of each pixel within each tile outputting a cryptographically secure hash. In other words, SUBROSA© lets users create a simple and memorable password that’s extremely resistant to modern hacking techniques.
SUBROSA© comes complete with a developer toolkit and sandbox for evaluation prior to deployment.
Technology in the News
SCI Solutions Using SUBROSA© Technology
SCI Subsidiaries Using SUBROSA© Technology
What is SUBROSA©?
- Users choose their own pictures or digital images then select an easy to remember tile pattern
- SUBROSA© converts this tile pattern into a very long encrypted password/ log-in (65,000 characters min.)
- Replaces hard to remember passwords and PINS with easy to remember picture tiles